Monday, July 03, 2006

Sleepless in Ferihegy

I’m in Budapest. I’m at the airport. I shouldn’t be here…
I was on my way to Skopje and I was supposed to have a short scale in Budapest. My flight from Brussels was delayed and I was afraid of missing my connection, but I ran through the terminal only to find out that the flight to Skopje was also delayed… for more than 4 hours! First, it was announced that it would leave at 2.00am (instead of 11.10pm), but soon the information changed and now we are supposed to leave at 3.40am…
I guess these things happen and I am aware that, travelling so frequently, I’m even more exposed to them… still, it is frustrating! As you may imagine, there’s nothing much to do at the Budapest airport at 1.30 in the night!
Well, I am still one of the luckiest among the hopeless passengers to Skopje who share with me this nightmare. At least I was able to access Internet, I have my lovely iPod with me and a couple of sleepless friends addicted to sms! And I’m not travelling with my parents!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pedro said...

I just hope you're back on time Wednesday!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Pedro said...

Ah, and what was the point on the SMS if you don't follow the advices after all :-)

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home