Thursday, July 06, 2006

FIFA World Cup - Final Act


Portugal was unable to end the curse and lost once again to France in the semi-finals of a major competition. France booked a World Cup final spot against Italy after Zinedine Zidane's first-half penalty earned victory over a disappointing Portugal in Munich. And disappointment is exactly the key word, after a match in which I never felt France to be better than Portugal. They might have deserved their win, as wins are always deserved, but they didn't convince me, as they had convinced me in their matches against Spain and Brazil. Even though there's still a match to go, this is the moment to make the balance... and I don't hesitate to say that I feel proud of what this team has achieved in this World Cup! Go Portugal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home