Sunday, August 06, 2006

Holidays' Postcards

I spent this weekend in one of the most beautiful regions in Portugal: the Alto Douro Wine Region. From my Alijó’s base, I had the opportunity to visit some parts of this region in which wine has been produced by traditional landholders for some 2,000 years. Since the 18th century, its main product, port wine, has been world famous for its quality. This long tradition of viticulture has produced a cultural landscape of outstanding beauty that reflects its technological, social and economic evolution. In 2001, the region was designated by UNESCO as World Heritage. Apart from the landscape, I enjoyed the blue sky and the sun, the shade and the fresh waters of the swimming-pool and a beautiful, clever, funny, nice and sensitive company… Now that holidays are almost over, I have to say that these days, and especially this weekend, were one of the best I have ever had! Thanks A!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me cry of happiness!
Love you...

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home