Tuesday, February 06, 2007

London's Calling

Back from London, I found Brussels covered in snow and, even though the train was delayed for more than one hour, I was on time to watch Portugal beat Brazil in a football match played in… London! Today I still had time to visit the Tower of London and the St. Paul’s Cathedral, under the blue sky and the sun which was not enough to warm the frozen bodies, victims of the low temperature. These last days spent in London were very nice and allowed me to find a little bit more about the tourist attractions of this amazing town. London is also a place of good and diverse cuisine, and even though the English cuisine is more likely to be enjoyed at breakfast than at any other meal, in London you can find good restaurants of all the kinds. Yesterday I went to Brick Lane and had a wonderful Indian dinner at a very reasonable price; the day before I had a quite legitimate Mexican dinner near Covent Garden and, on Saturday, a late meal at a very decent Italian restaurant in the Soho. Acting like a tourist allows to enjoy the places in a very different way, maybe less authentic than I am used to, but equally pleasant. I definitely have to repeat the experience and the truth is that I’m already planning the next occasion. I will tell you about it when the time comes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home