Saturday, March 03, 2007

James are back!!!

Hi everybody,
Sorry it’s taken so long to get in touch. As I’m sure you’re all aware by now, James are back. I’ll do my best to explain a little of what’s been happening. Larry (Gott) and I started playing together pretty much as soon as the last tour finished, in an old warehouse in Manchester’s Northern Quarter. We beavered away, honing our skills working jams into arrangements and recording them as demos, returning to how James used to write through improvisation, letting the music appear as and when it will and using your ears to follow, and I must say we’ve got fucking good at it. One weekend last year, Tim (Booth) was in Manchester while we were having a session, came down for a jam and things just clicked. The stuff sounded amazing. There’s something special happens when the three of us play together, I don’t understand it and I don’t want to, but it was inspired exciting and complete. James has always been about pushing boundaries and having the balls to take risks even if you fall flat on your face. With my hand on my heart I can honestly say I’ve never been as excited by a period in James musical history as now. Exactly what lies ahead is hard to say, but with the tour and then a new album, the future looks rosy for me and all James fans. Thanks for waiting.
Jim (Glennie)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home