Friday, March 30, 2007

Other dreams

I’m currently in Berlin, attending the General Assembly of the 54th International Session of the European Youth Parliament. Another 200 young people, discussing yet again the same issues: the role and the future of the European Union. The organisational culture of this group is quite different from the one of the European Youth Forum, but the issues discussed and the statements made aren’t very different. It’s funny, however, to see that some people support “the continued development of a stable and democratic Iraq”… With so many trips, I must have been missing the latest news, because the last time I looked I didn’t see any stability or democracy there… But it is even funnier to see that the very same people “strongly support the withdrawal of Allied Forces from Iraq”… Although I could agree on this last one, I guess that my rational would be rather different!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home