Saturday, July 15, 2006

Ponta Delgada


Almost one week without posting... again! It has been a busy one indeed! In the meantime, I’ve been in Portugal, more precisely in Ponta Delgada, on São Miguel Island, in the Azores. It was a short stay, arriving on Wednesday and getting back to Lisbon on Thursday evening and to Brussels yesterday morning. But still it was nice to be in Portugal and enjoy the sun and the blue sky! I like Ponta Delgada a lot. I like especially the historic streets connecting the hotels and the churches to the shops and restaurants. And I like to promenade along the Avenue by the seaside, looking at the marina. And, of course, I love the mountain range of Sete Cidades, with its lovely valley and twin lagoons. Ponta Delgada is also the city of nice friends and personalities I admire, like Antero de Quental, Teófilo Braga, Roberto Ivens and… Pauleta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home