Friday, February 01, 2008

Seoul snapshots III


Yesterday I was quite tired and went to sleep very early. I did well: the long night of sleep only confirmed my theory that I don’t sleep enough… In the morning, I saw Giuseppe at breakfast and even though he seemed much better, I recommended him not to come with me to the meeting. So, I went alone. The journey didn’t really start well, as I forgot to bring the book I’m reading, which would surely have been a good companion for the almost-one-hour-long subway trip, and, on the top of everything, arrived late… But the iPod did the trick and the meeting itself went well: we reached an agreement that pleases all parties, I and the European Youth Forum were praised by all the partners involved, and the meeting ended with hugs and nice words, and gifts and one early yet nice lunch in a cosy Japanese restaurant in Banghwa. As the partly cloudy sky means that the temperature is a bit higher today, I decided to go back to the centre and after a shopping tour in the area, started walking towards the hotel, in Itaewon. It’s quite a long way, but a nice one too; and, as I need to exercise and normally use the lack of time as an excuse not to do it, it seemed a good idea. It was. Back in the hotel, I found out that Giuseppe isn’t in his room, which most probably means that he was feeling better and went out. I’m glad for him; it must be very annoying to spend three days in Seoul being sick… especially because tomorrow it will be time to go back to Brussels and real waffles!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations for happy end in your negociations!!! :-))
Have you tried those Korean "Belgian waffels"? Looks quite interesting on the picture heh :-))
Bon voyage to Brussels!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Diogo said...

No, I didn't... Not very in line with my diet... looking forward to going back to Brussels! Have a nice weekend!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home