Friday, February 01, 2008

Seoul snapshots III

Yesterday I was quite tired and went to sleep very early. I did well: the long night of sleep only confirmed my theory that I don’t sleep enough… In the morning, I saw Giuseppe at breakfast and even though he seemed much better, I recommended him not to come with me to the meeting. So, I went alone. The journey didn’t really start well, as I forgot to bring the book I’m reading, which would surely have been a good companion for the almost-one-hour-long subway trip, and, on the top of everything, arrived late… But the iPod did the trick and the meeting itself went well: we reached an agreement that pleases all parties, I and the European Youth Forum were praised by all the partners involved, and the meeting ended with hugs and nice words, and gifts and one early yet nice lunch in a cosy Japanese restaurant in Banghwa. As the partly cloudy sky means that the temperature is a bit higher today, I decided to go back to the centre and after a shopping tour in the area, started walking towards the hotel, in Itaewon. It’s quite a long way, but a nice one too; and, as I need to exercise and normally use the lack of time as an excuse not to do it, it seemed a good idea. It was. Back in the hotel, I found out that Giuseppe isn’t in his room, which most probably means that he was feeling better and went out. I’m glad for him; it must be very annoying to spend three days in Seoul being sick… especially because tomorrow it will be time to go back to Brussels and real waffles!


Anonymous Cica said...

Congratulations for happy end in your negociations!!! :-))
Have you tried those Korean "Belgian waffels"? Looks quite interesting on the picture heh :-))
Bon voyage to Brussels!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Diogo said...

No, I didn't... Not very in line with my diet... looking forward to going back to Brussels! Have a nice weekend!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home