Sunday, August 10, 2008

The right questions

Changes are part of life, and I will be telling you about many changes in the weeks and months to come; and, unfortunately, war too. Europe, this beautiful continent where we live and use to consider the role-model for other regions in the world, is again at war... for many people, Georgia is just a name and another spot in the map; for me it means real people, many real and beautiful people that I appreciate and respect a lot. And, because of that, I can't simply produce a cold and very clever geo-strategic analysis of the sources of the conflict... I can only think of my friends whose cities are now being bombed and, because of them, and only because of them, I want it to stop, and I want it to stop now! As a magnet on my fridge states, "if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question". In Georgia, in Afghanistan, in Iraq, in Darfur, in Palestine, and in many other places all around the world, the time has come for us to ask the right questions! Let's dare asking them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home