Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Back again...

Finally a post. For the last weeks I (and the same goes for Diogo) have been quite busy. The reward are three weeks of holidays back home, at Viana do Castelo.

Diogo and me came home last weekend. As we usually say, we did it the typical portuguese emigrants’ way: by car.

It was a long ride. 21 hours to cover almost 2.000 km. It wasn’t as tiring as I’d thought (though I was already quite tired when we started), also because we stoped every two hours to rest or relax. But it was boring at times. We drove all night through,in shifts. While one drove the other slept so, at times, it got quite dull to drive in dark, empty highways.

But it was a nice experience. I love to drive and I don’t have the chance to do it very often in Brussels. Besides, driving Diogo’s car is quite pleasant, being the biggest chalenge to avoid speeding (and preventing the speed limit alarm from buzzing).

In a bit more than two weeks we’ll do the way back. I’m curious to see how it goes. On one hand, I’ll be fresher from holidays. On the other hand, I’ll be leaving the holidays behind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home