Monday, February 11, 2008

Around the sun

Wow! 4 days of sunshine in a row! Brussels is unrecognisable!

It has actually been so nice, and I am so surprised – and happy - that I actually managed to properly enjoy these sunny days! I’ve been walking a lot, and have used the weekend to spend time with friends instead of staying in the couch the whole day! So, I’m proud of myself!

This morning I walked all the way to the office, and it made me feel so well that I did the same on the way back. Yesterday I also strolled around for a couple of hours, and it really does well to be able to relax, and think, and discover new streets, and new shops, and new cafes and bakeries and pubs and so many other places! I don’t know for how long it will last, but it certainly makes me think of how nice it would be to live in a place where sunny weather would be the rule and not the exception. But it also makes me think that Brussels can be a really pleasant place to live in!

All these sunny days and all these walks that make my mind wander almost make me forget that there is a world out there. A world where fires destroy typical market places and ancient historical monuments, where young countries insist in postpone their hope and democratically elected leaders are shot by military rebels, where people commit money, time and votes to choose candidates for later presidential elections, where sport competitions go on and some teams win and others lose. The world is always there, around the sun. And, because life goes on, tomorrow I’m going to Barcelona.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home