Saturday, February 16, 2008

Chinese Poetry

A room's like a woman: it also possesses you. Besides, you have to spend time and put a lot of efforts to make it love you… As I already wrote in here, I have troubles in falling asleep after an eventful day. As my life is full of eventful days, I think I can say that I have a lot of troubles in falling asleep. Very often, as I gaze up at the shadows flickering across my bedroom’s ceiling, surges of loneliness come rushing over me. Occasionally, I even enjoy a touch of solitude in the depth of night. But, sometimes, I am struck by more than a melancholy sense of being alone; at those times, it is like if my very existence became doubtful… Being professionally successful can make one’s personal life difficult in a variety of ways, and I know that from my own experience. This difficulty can take different forms, and I have already experienced several of them. For instance, my room doesn’t love me. I am not completely sure, but it might be because I don’t spend enough time in it. And yet, it possesses me. Therefore, I need to put even more efforts: last Saturday I cleaned it deeply; this morning I had to do it again. Don’t understand why it gets so dusty, if I don’t even use it much! Or maybe it is exactly because of that. Whatever… Tomorrow a new European country might be born, in the region where all the new European countries are born: the Balkans. Most people will call it Kosovo. I will be close by. Not because I want to see its birth from close; but rather because when my existence starts to become doubtful, there’s no better remedy than to be complete again. And because my room can’t be the only one possessing me.


Post a Comment

<< Home