Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday, but it could be more good…

I feel weird… Today it’s Good Friday and I am working… and it simply doesn’t feel right! The weather seems to be confused too: after almost one hour of hailing, now the sky is blue and the sun is shining… My son is at my parents for Easter holidays and I just feel like I should be there too; on the other hand, I am so sick and tired of traveling that I am really looking forward to staying at home for the long weekend. I will spend time with other friends who share the fate of not being with their families for Easter – and I know that it will be nice -, but I also know that I will miss the people I love. So… impossible not to think on these dichotomies that our lives are made of… Why can’t we have it all? Why can’t we get enough? Why do we have to make choices? Why can’t we avoid thinking that we should have chosen the other option? It’s kind of funny, and yet dramatic too… As one very famous youth leader would say, “it is good, but it could be more good”! So, shall we be happy that it is good or rather frustrated because it could be “more good”? I guess it is a matter of attitude and mood… when it is hailing, I feel frustrated; when the sky turns blue, I feel rather happy. Weird? That’s what I said!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home