Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mollina

After a couple of days in Brussels, focusing on the follow-up of last weekend's YFJ Bureau meeting, I traveled to Spain and spent three more days discussing Media relations with representatives of several YFJ Member Organisations. Parallel to the meeting, I had the opportunity to meet and spend time with some of the many friends I have in Madrid, and this was really nice. Not only because it is fantastic to have such good and old friends, but also because many of them had good reasons to celebrate and it was particularly nice to be able to share their satisfaction. On the top of everything, Madrid is a place that I always enjoy visiting and I couldn't help thinking that it would definitely be a place where I would like living and working at some point... Now, I am back in Mollina and at the CEULAJ. Tomorrow, this year's University on Youth and Development will start. Sitting in my room, taking a rest before it all starts, listening to the birds singing while participants are slowly arriving and filling with enthusiasm and expectations this place that will be theirs for the next week, I can't help thinking that this is probably the last time I will be around... and I feel a bit nostalgic, for this place has become an important part of my life and I know I will miss it... I guess that the next few months will be full of these moments, as the end of my term approaches and I need to start making decisions about my future. I don't feel sad though; I have been priviliged enough to have the opportunity to enjoy a meaningful life, doing things that I am passionate about, and meeting people I admire and love. There's nothing to be sad about, and plenty of reasons to be rather happy. So, let Mollina be once again invaded, let the University start, and let me enjoy, one more time, this unique and magical moment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home