Monday, January 26, 2009

Change, again

There are moments when, even without noticing, we take decisions that change our lives and the ones of others around us. Most of the times, at least in what concerns me, these moments come without previous warning and its consequences don't become immediately visible. Later, when I fully realise these moments, it's already too late to do something about them. Very often, when this happen, I wish I have taken a different decision or not taken a decision at all. But, there are also some occasions, rarer, when a certain decision, even though taken impulsively, changes my life in a way that makes me feel good and fulfilled; and when that happens, I can only be grateful and happy for having taken such decision. As I have been writing over the last few months, I am undergoing a period of change. A long and slow period of change, that started when Pedro announced that he would be leaving the YFJ in the beggining of October, and will be concluded when I will leave it myself, at the end of May. Identifying a period of change taking place over eight months isn't easy; but for me it is all very obvious, as I observe all the pieces slowly moving and taking their new positions in this dynamic picture. i can't see how the new picture looks yet, at least not the whole of it; but, in the same way I observed Pedro, Luiza, Bettina and now Mark moving on and getting ready to assume new positions, in the same way I observed Klavdija, Tine and others moving in the opposite direction, in the same way I have been observing people moving farther away and others getting closer to me, I see myself making choices, taking decisions and changing my own position in the picture. And I must admit that, so far, I like what I see: of course, I am not in control of everything, and change always includes some risks; but I am enjoying it, and I am looking forward to embracing the further changes to come! What about you? Can you sleep?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home