Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Des(s)ert thoughts

It's been quite a while since my last entry, and even though it was nice to have some of you telling me that you miss reading my thoughts and encouraging me to get back to writing, it is also true that it feels weird... Many things happened over the last twenty days and they have made me think a lot. I have had some interesting conversations with people whose friendship I value a lot, including some about my writings and this blog. They made me think. And I spent so much time thinking about different things that I haven't had time to write. Not that I have time now... 2008 accounts need to be closed today and this still looks like a distant reality... On the other hand, after so much figures, I needed the comfort of words. Words have always comforted me... whatever format they may come, words spoken, read or written always make me feel better. Talking, reading, writing are and always have been some of my favorite activities. The fact that I haven't been writing much lately, it's also because I have dedicated more time to reading (I finally finished the book I was stuck with for more than one month, and have already started a new one), and especially to talking. But, as I said, I have mostly spent time thinking. I have been thinking about a lot of different topics, all of them related to me. Some are trivial, others are more fundamental. This time, if you don't mind, I will keep all of them for myself. It's not that I am ashamed or stopped trusting you; it's just that some of these thoughts are weird and I still need to figure out what they mean and to which outcomes they will lead. Just as an example, one of the weird topics in my current agenda is “my life as a dessert: pleasant opportunity or unbearable threat?”Hard one, isn't it? I guess you understand why I need some time... Anyway, in the meantime, I have kept trying to enjoy my present and planning for my future. Besides the time spent thinking and reading, I have watched quite a lot of movies (this year I even managed to watch the Oscars' winner before the award ceremony!), explored some interesting parts of Belgium (the Folon Foundation in La Hulpe, and the ruins of the Cistercian abbey in Villers-la-Ville) and even went to an Asobi Seksu's concert. And applied for a job. It is one I actually would very much like to get, and therefore feel a bit nervous about it... I appreciate the fingers crossed, thanks! In any case, if successful, this will be along procedure; if not successful, it might be much shorter though: always look at the bright side of life, right? This reminds me that I still have a job (less than 100 days remaining though!) and that I should probably get back to it. Take care, and don't forget to be happy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and this came as a sweet dessert in a lonely desert, followed by a cup of water for a thirsty mind:)This is your first entry for last time which style is very similar to the first entries you posted here. Maybe it’s because again the time of great changes and I was missing this way of touching the words, this mixture of the thoughts.
There is a certain reason why I like reading your thoughts. I have always live believing that we are truly happy only when we are dreaming about our future. But I always knew that this is not the way I want to live my life. I don’t want my life to be as a dessert for which I have to wait until I finish all in my plate, which I have to dream how it’s gonna look like and which taste it’s gonna have when I get it. I’d rather take it as a desert and try to fill it everyday with roads, trees, houses, people…The reason I like reading your thoughts is that they make me enjoy each day of my life. Maybe I am wrong, but when I read you I feel that it’s not easy even for you. But that big desire you have, you put it in every line, word, comma and dot…and in your life too, at least I like to believe this.
So please, keep posting, and I promise I will keep reading and will never forget to be happy:)

6:09 PM  
Blogger RV said...

fingers crossed, my friend!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home