Saturday, August 20, 2005

Back for holidays

I love holidays! Especially when, like now, I can spend them in my favourite place: my hometown, Viana do Castelo.

Even when I lived here, I always enjoyed staying some days around, spending some time alone or with family and friends. Doing things like: going to the beach and getting into that trance where I don’t know if I’m awake or sleeping, while listening to the sea; going to a nice terrace by the sea or river, speaking with friends simultaneously about everything and nothing at all; having a stimulating siesta after lunch; namely this sort of 3 hours lunch having typical food from the region (the best anywhere), accompanied by a refreshing bottle of Verde wine; going to bars at night and getting the idea that I drank a bit too much, again… until the next laugh and following drink.

I always loved it and I love it even more, now that I’m leaving abroad. All these things (except for the beach, because my availability and the weather are not matching) I’m enjoying double.

I even got pleasure from the typical festivities of my home town (these usual “romarias” that have so much of religious as of pagan), when I was always running away from it, to avoid all the crowds…

Well, I’m definitely on holidays! Lots of time with friends, family, eating, drinking and even sleeping. I just miss two things: going to the beach and spending some time on my own. But there’s one more week left!!!

I hope this week will be so good that I’ll feel ready to get back to work then. Because now I’m definitely not…

3 Comments:

Blogger Rubia said...

viana?... agradavelmente surpreendida: eu sou de pertinho... Caminha!

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olha, olha, Pedro... Tens uma fã e até já está na caminha...

4:15 AM  
Blogger Pedro said...

Pois é, este longo rio reserva-nos sempre bastantes surpresas ;-)

Eu também fiquei agradavelmente surpreendido com a visita...

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home