Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ahoj!


After two more busy days at the office, on Thursday evening I went to Prague, where I attended, once more, the opening session of the General Assembly of the European Youth Parliament. I already wrote in this blog about how much I like the city. I visited it for the first time in 1992 and, for a long time, it remained one of my Top 3 favourite cities, which was strengthened by the readings of Milan Kundera and Bruce Chatwin. Then, the long period of absence from Prague, combined with the discovery of many other cities, sent the city into a kind of imaginary limbo, and it remained there for a long period of time, until I went back in June 2006. At that time, I wrote that things had changed and that the city didn’t live up to the idealisation I had made of it. Well, yesterday Prague re-conquered my heart and its well-deserved place on the top of my list. Prague is a near-mythical city and it exerts a kind of a siren pull on me… As my meeting finished at lunch-time and the search for a good price forced me to book a flight that left in the evening only, I had the opportunity to roam through the maze of the Old Town, discovering its back-street secrets, getting to know each stone saint on the Charles Bridge and enjoying the nice weather and the breath-taking views over both sides of the river. I can’t help thinking that I should have stayed for the weekend! And that I should go back as soon as possible!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, surprised to see the photo of my current location at your blog :-)) Great that you enjoyed it. Even after five years that I have already spent here I like getting lost in the streets of the Old town. Magic, isn't it? And all those theaters and the river and parks and cafes... Really nice place to be.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Diogo said...

Oh, pity we didn't meet...

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home