Saturday, August 20, 2005

Raphaël

Carla Bruni Tedeschi was born the 23rd of December 1968, in Turin, Italy. The heiress of a tire manufacturing fortune from her native city, Carla probably didn't even need to pursue the lucrative modeling career she presently has, considering the fortune that awaited her.

Carla Bruni is one of the world's most photographed models, and one of the most financially successful. Her string of high-profile romances with Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton and Donald Trump also made her a regular in gossip columns. She is not only one of the world's most famous models, but also one of its most glamorous and in-demand, and one of its most controversial as well.

With a body worth of worship, whose nude frame has been photographed almost as much as Pamela Anderson, men love Carla Bruni because she could make ponchos look fashionable if she wore them! Actually, anything she wears looks good, especially when she wears nothing...

I have to confess, however, that I'm one of the few men that first knew Carla Bruni because of music... I think it must have been during the summer of 2003 that I first saw an interview on TV, enjoyed the songs and decided to buy the album. So, actually, my ears were faster than my eyes, at least in regards to Carla Bruni... That's why I wear glasses!

"Quelqu'un M'a Dit", Carla Bruni's debut album, caught everyone by surprise, especially because it is a very good effort, far beyond what one would have expected. It's an acoustic and intimate album, and the songs are from her own harvest. She also plays guitar.

Although she's Italian, most of the album is sung in French, with some Italian touches, like in "Le Ciel Dans une Chambre". The result is a kind and smooth album that mixes folk and "chanson française" in equal parts. Although she's not breaking any new ground, the result is compelling.

My moving to Brussels was anticipated by a series of events that deeply affected my personal life. Part of it was that I was forced to give away half of my CD's collection, and amongst this half was Carla Bruni's album... But the important part of the story is that soon after moving to Brussels I had a conversation with someone that shared my appreciation for Carla Bruni's musical talent and I started to miss this CD.

This person became very special and I decided that I needed to get this album back. Now that I did it, let me only add that this post could have had a different title...But Carla hasn't finished the song "Clara"... yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home