Friday, July 13, 2007

Lisbon

Temperature in the low 30s, blue skies, plenty of sunshine, beautiful people, parties everywhere, good friends around… I am in Lisbon! I arrived on Wednesday evening from a rainy and grey Brussels, and since then have had a smile on my face! Lisbon is a great place to be, and even more so in summertime! Every time I come here I realise how much I miss it… the sun, the light, the people, the whole ambiance… as a dear friend of mine recently put it, how could I leave it? When I’m here, I don’t know… Coming to Lisbon for professional reasons though it’s a bit weird… Even though this is the place I feel at home, I don’t have one here anymore, and staying in hotels makes it kind of strange… also, the fact that I don’t have a car and therefore depend on taxis or friends to go around, is also a bit weird… and, on the top of everything, being so close to my son and not being with him yet… is a bit painful and reminds me a bit too much of my family life… anyway, the conference I am currently attending will soon be over, and until I go back to Brussels on Sunday, I will have enough time to enjoy the city and my son! And that’s exactly what I plan to do!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Mel said...

Please, don't forget to take and send new pics of Fco!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Diogo said...

Already available on Facebook! :)

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home